You will only have the option to order once ordering has been turned on for that week (Saturday – Tuesday at Noon). There are two menu options; Fish Fry Regular Plate $7.00 and Fish Fry Hungry Man Plate $10.00. A Regular plate contains 3 pieces of fish, coleslaw, fries, and a roll. A Hungry Man plate contains 6 pieces of fish, coleslaw, fries and a roll. To order multiple plates simply calculate what your dollar amount would be and submit. For example, when ordering 3 Fish Fry Hungry Man Plates $10.00, you would put $30 in the amount field and proceed to check out. This lets our servers know that three meals have been ordered. Or if ordering one regular plate and one hungry man plate, simply put $7.00 in the regular plate field and $10 in the hungry man plate field. The system will total your order to be $17 at checkout. Be sure to print a copy of your receipt or be able to show it on your phone at pick up. Pick up times are every Friday from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm. Masks and social distancing are required at pick up. For questions on ordering, please call the Parish Office at 251-661-5130. PLEASE NOTE, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR MEALS NOT PICKED UP AND MEALS CAN NOT BE STORED FOR LATER PICK UP.
Order schedule is as follows:
February 19 Fish Fry—Ordering begins, Saturday, February 13 and goes through Tuesday, February 16 at Noon.
February 26 Fish Fry— Ordering begins, Saturday, February 20 and goes through Tuesday, February 23 at Noon.
March 5 Fish Fry— Ordering begins, Saturday, February 27 and goes through Tuesday, March 2 at Noon
March 12 Fish Fry— Ordering begins, Saturday, March 6 and goes through Tuesday, March 9 at Noon
March 19 Fish Fry— Ordering begins, Saturday, March 13 and goes through Tuesday, March 16 at Noon
March 26 Fish Fry— Ordering begins, Saturday, March 20 and goes through Tuesday, March 23 at Noon
To pick up your order, simply park in the large parking lot on the right side of the church towards the back where the Murphy Center is located. Walk up the steps to the Murphy Center and present your receipt of payment. PLEASE NOTE, NO WALK UP ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. This is a pre-order event only.
We are all excited to be back together as a community of faith to celebrate Mass in our church this week. Archbishop Rodi released directives we must follow to gather for the celebration of Mass. These directives include maintaining proper social distancing. A few questions have come up regarding Sunday Mass. We hope this will help to answer your questions.
- No one should attend Mass if they feel ill.
- The general dispensation remains in effect.
- We need all parishioners to enter the Church through the Burma Road door only. This allows our Usher team to keep a proper count on the number inside of our Church.
- Once in the Church an usher will direct you to an available pew. Please note, seating has been cut in half; every other pew will not be used. An usher will ask how many in your group; and then escort your group to a pew. Six feet should be the distance between family groups. This will help to keep proper spacing in the church at all times.
- Please make sure not to sit in pews that are marked.
- For our 10:30 am Sunday Mass, if an overflow of parishioners arises we have planned for a second Mass to take place at 10:45 am in the Murphy Center. If this happens, ushers will be present to direct you to seating in the Murphy Center.
- At this time, nursery and children’s liturgy will not be available.
- The cry room should not be used. The doors are left unlocked for bathroom use only.
- Hymnals have been removed.
- The Offertory baskets will not be passed but attached to extenders.
- Communion will only be distributed by a Priest or Deacon. The Priest and/or Deacon will sanitize his hands before communion. Ushers will direct you for communion starting with the center sections. A six-foot social distance needs to be maintained between family groups while in line. Communion will not be distributed from the Chalice. Communion will not be distributed or received while wearing gloves.
- You may exit through the side doors. Please note, our Ushers will help to direct the parishioners at the end of Mass to allow for proper social distancing while exiting the Church. Please stay in your pew until you are released by an usher. Ushers will start with the front rows on the sides directing you to the side exits. Once the sides are emptied, ushers will release the center aisles in the same fashion.
- We ask that you leave immediately after Mass and not congregate.
- Usher teams will be thoroughly cleaning the church between each Mass.
- If you are interested in helping by being a part of an Usher Team or cleaning team, please let Brenda Christian or Michelle Wilson know. Usher and cleaning teams are comprised of High School students to adults.
Thank you for your help!
Are you searching for answers to life’s questions, looking for community, or just wondering what the Catholic Church has to offer? RCIA is a way to discover the treasure of the Catholic Faith. If you’d like more information or if you know someone who may want to join us, e-mail Brenda Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 661-5130, ext. 221. RCIA starts Tuesday, September 3 at 6:30 p.m.
REDISCOVERING YOUR CATHOLIC FAITH
- Were you raised Catholic but do not come or seldom come to Mass anymore?
- Are you a Catholic who now feels separated from your Church?
- Would you like to know more about the Catholic Church as it is today?
- Would you like to feel at home in the Catholic Church again?
No matter how long you have been away and no matter the reason, we invite you to consider renewing your relationship with the Catholic Church.
DATE: We will meet every Tuesday for 8 weeks–our next session starts on January 7, 2020
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
PLACE: St. Dominic Parish Office
For more information, contact Deacon Bob Kirby, email@example.com.
Our Mission: St. Dominic Parish, a Roman Catholic community located in the Archdiocese of Mobile, strives to work together to build the kingdom of God through faith-filled sacraments and worship, education, and service to God, Church, parish, and others. We invite you to come worship with us.