I am a member of St. Dominic Catholic Church. I have been working at St. Dominic Catholic School for 15 years. I am currently teaching a 3K class. I am so blessed to be teaching in a Catholic School and love being a part of St. Dominic! I am married to Scott Rowe and we have 3 children. Our children attended St. Dominic Catholic School and continued their Catholic education at McGill Toolen Catholic High School. Our daughter graduated from Auburn University last spring and is a Pharmacist. Our oldest son is in his Senior year and our youngest is in his Freshman year, both are attending The University of South Alabama.
We had a wonderful weather week learning about the Letter W. We learned many new songs about the weather and made some fun crafts! Next week, we will continue the Alphabet with the Letter X and our Theme will be St. Patrick’s Day.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Danielle Rowe-PK3A
This week we are learning about the letter S.
S is for space, snail, Sesame Street, saints and snake.
Next week we will learn the letter T.
T is for transportation, truck, taco and tulip.
We are also having fun learning about Valentine and Mardi Gras.
Friday the 14th we will have a special morning snack to celebrate Valentines day.
If you have empty boxes of cereals please send them to school as we need them for a school project.
Have a great week.
My name is Courtney Bishop. I have a BS degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education from the University of Alabama. I have been teaching K4 here at St. Dominic since 2015. I have also taught grades 3-5 at St. Vincent de Paul School. I taught 1st grade and was a special education paraprofessional in the public school system as well. I moved to Mobile in 2000 from Indiana. I met my husband Jack at U of A and we have been married for 19 years. We have 3 children: Keller is a sophomore at McGill-Toolen, Connor is in 8th grade, and Parker is in kindergarten. We are members of St. Dominic Parish.
PK-4 News, March 16~20
Reading/Language: Review letters and sounds for L, I, T, F, E, H, O, Q, C, G, S, U, J, D, P, B, R, K, N, M, V, W, and A. Matching lower case and upper case letters, begin sight words
New letter will be Xx. Please practice letter recognition with your child at home or look for these letters (upper case and lower case) and words that begin with the letter of the week around the house or when you’re out and about. This will help them to recognize and learn the letters better.
Math: Continue to review shapes and Numbers 1-20. Please practice with your child on number recognition. Flash cards or games are great way to do this. Counting by 10’s to 100
One to one correspondence, Patterns, Sorting by size, Finding the missing number, Leprechaun Traps
Social Studies/Science: Types of Dinosaurs and their way of life
Religion: Fishers of Men/Lent
- Please keep sending in pictures of items that begin with our letter of the week
- Please send in any items your child would like to use in constructing our leprechaun traps on Tuesday.
- If your child is going to be absent, leaving early, or arriving later than normal; please send a note or email to either Mrs. Courtney or Mrs. Christen!
- PK4 is “Nut Free”.
- Students should have water in their water bottles each day.
- PLEASE wash nap mat covers each weekend and return on Monday if your child is a full day student.
- Our St. Patrick’s Day parade will be held on Tuesday, March 17th at 10:30 am. Students in K4 only will ride in this parade. Each child will need to be accompanied by a CAPP trained adult. You may want to decorate a small wagon-type float for your child to ride in or you may walk with your child in the parade. Each child will need to bring some “throws” to give out at the parade. These do not have to be extravagant…beads, candy, small trinkets, etc. Please return the form ASAP indicating if your child is going to have a float, or will be walking in the parade, and who will be accompanying your child.
- Parish Picnic and Kickball Tournament benefiting cancer…Sunday, March 22nd. Check the church bulletin for more information on this day.
- PTO Meeting and Open House… Monday, March 30th. Food will be served from 5:30-6:00 with meeting and open house to follow.
- Graduation Pictures by Cornerstone Photography…Thursday, April 23rd.
- “Hopping On” to Kindergarten Play…Tuesday, May 19th at 9:00a.m. in the Murphy Center. Brunch will follow. This will be the last day of school for all students in preschool. 11:00 dismissal. More information will be sent home at a later date.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions/concerns that you may have!
Mrs. Christen: email@example.com
Mrs. Courtney: firstname.lastname@example.org